Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What have I done to my Child?

Funny and intresting story all at the same time. Ok so tonight I had Young Women's and had to take my kids with me because Shawn is in Alaska on a guys fishing trip with my family. So, we were getting ready to go and I told Amme that she needed to get her running shoes on because we were going on a walk up the canyon. Little side note...she loves these shoes. Shawn bought them for her just before he left on his trip and she wears them to the gym day care every morning because she thinks that she needs to wear running shoes like me. so, back to the point. Amme was putting her shoes on and she said to me..."Mommy, will you be stressed out if I get my shoes dirty." OUCH! "I said, No Amme it's ok." she said..."Oh, ya because it will just be an accident and we can wash them huh Mommy." I replied..."Ya, we can wash them." she said..."We can not dry them though, just wash them." Ok I need a swift kick in the behind if my three year old worries about me being stressed out because she gets her shoes dirty. For cryin out loud isn't that what most kids do best with their shoes? Yikes JaNae get a clue and lighten up is what I thought to myself.

14 comments:

Liz Galvin said...

What a kick! That's too funny! I love that she's so aware of lookin' good. What a cutie. Have fun with the girls while the boys are away :)

lauren said...

you are so funny. iv been meaning to tell you a funny story... kaia got these new pj,s that have ballet slippers on the short, and she always call them "amme's jammies" i dont know if amme has them or what? but it's so funny the little things they remember.

lauren said...

put the pic of the shoes... and some new pics. ditto wants to see his woman. ghessshhh it has been forever since you blogged. i was havin withdrawls.

Kelly and Bryce said...

Ammie is just a 15 year old in a 3 year old's body! Isn't it so nice to have the guys home though!!!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Dont worry about...I got mad a t caitlyn for painting herself (and the floor) with apple sauce. It hard to find the patience to let them be kids without going crazy!

Holland said...

I love that story. That picture is so cute. Also I told Gordon that I went to St George with you and he said that he went boating with Shawn the other day and thought he was dang cool. Just thought you wanted to know.

Sarah said...

Hi! Funny story and cute pictures. I cant belive how long Amme's hair is. She has grown up so much and is so stinkin cute. It was good to see her. I know we always say this but we really should get together.

Heather Ballard said...

I thought I would make a comment since I told you today that I looked at your blog a while back. Your girls are adorable!!! That is a cute story about your little girl. I love girls. It's been fun having you in spinning. I'll see ya soon.

Jenn Mobbs said...

Hey girl!! Jenn Mobbs here. I found your blog through Rob and Sarah's. Your girls are so cute and I love your hair cut. SO cute! I have a blog but it is private so email me and I will invite you. jennmobbs@yahoo.com

Emily said...

Janae!!! love your blog. Hope you had a great birthday.

Heather said...

I wish my kids cared if they got there stuff dirty! I think its great : )

The Crazy Clawson's said...

Janae you are the cutest mom ever....how fun to see your sweet fam....hope all is well...drop me a line when you can.....Valerie

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

do ask me how I found this but I did.. tok a few hours since your phone number in the phone book is disconnected...

you left your debit card at POSTMART in orem..
thanks

Adam

Unknown said...

Oh my heck. that is so funny. She sounds like she is cute. I saw a picture of your little gal on Aubrey's blog and I thought oh my, what a cutie. and thought I would come look at yours! Your kids are darling. I bet you are the cutest mom.